Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TV is fun again!

I hate snobby people. I hate snobby, beautiful people. I hate snobby, beautiful, arrogant people. But I love watching snobby, arrogant, beautiful people get totally humiliated on national television. It's one of my favorite things, like saving puppies from the side of the road or going out to eat with my friends. Ah, yes. My favorite thing...watching snobby, arrogant, beautiful, DUMB people.

So, did anyone else watch True Beauty on ABC last night? Was it not awesome!?! Did you almost pee your pants laughing at Haddillahlahlah-whatever-her-name-is when she got busted being a total bitch but still tried to save her um....reputation(?) by flat out lying!?!?! Hahahahaha, bitch.

Oh, Ashton Kutcher. You surprise me. First, Punk'd. Then Beauty and the Geek (which I thought was, by far, one of the most fascinating studies on human behavior. Seriously!). Now True Beauty.

The gist of the show:
The gorgeous contestants assume they're being judged solely on their outer appearance. They're only half right; outer beauty is one component the judges are looking for, but contestants are also being evaluated -- unbeknownst to them -- for their INNER beauty as well when they're put through scenarios and situations that require them to make moral decisions.

It's so totally occupying the shallow part of my mind until America's Next Top Model comes back on the air with new episodes. Unless Tyra goes straight for the $13 special effects again and then I'll have to stop watching. And the transgender thing? I don't get it. Are the ratings that bad? And I'm using waaay too many italics here. And here. Oh, and here, too.

1 comment:

Sra said...

I always got a sick pleasure out of watching those shows. But after awhile, I wanted them to cut back on all the fluffy dramatizing and recapping and just get to the point of the show already! Most of those shows spread 15-30 minutes of content across an hour, and I get impatient with that.