Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Poetry for Thanksgiving Day



Thanksgiving Poetry by Elle

Pilgrims ate some corn and some bread
Love is a thing they like to spread
Then they lay on a wooden bed
They have good dreams in every head

Indians taught them how to grow food
And turkey feathers, they all glued (*not true, I just made it up to rhyme)
These are things I am thankful for:
Teachers
My family
and many more...

Thanksgiving is my favorite day
So let's give Thanksgiving a BIG BIG YAY!


Elle and I are heading up to Rock Hill, South Carolina tomorrow. With the Five-Oh in full force, my 6-hour trip will probably turn into 7 hours. We are packing extra tissues, some antibiotics, allergy medicine, and plenty of Tylenol to dope ourselves into a stupor. Let's add some tryptophan and ice-skating to the mix and you've got yourself a disaster waiting to happen.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I know and love in Internet Land. And who knows? Maybe the pilgrims did like to glue turkey feathers to stuff.

3 comments:

Geekzilla said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Dena. Good luck on that road trip, and ease off on the accelerator, Ms. Leadfoot!

BTW the pic of that bird looks downright scary. Was he a leftover from Halloween?!

Dena said...

I actually found that picture online. He's pretty cool.

Chris said...

That bird looks so pissed off. Probably because his glued feathers came off.