Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quite possibly the most responsible thing I've done all year

Today's grocery list:
toothbrush
french toast sticks - Elle
* bacon *


Bacon. I eat bacon almost every morning. Usually at least once every day. When I don't have bacon in the morning, I put some on my grilled cheese sandwich for lunch or break up bits of bacon and sprinkle it into my pasta with sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce for dinner.

And, yeah - sometimes I eat it for a snack. Mmmm...Mmmm...bacon!

I was introduced to bacon as an adult. It had probably always been in my house as a child but I never ate it. Only when I was recovering from my c-section did I finally understand the enormous wonderment of bacon. My hospital roommate was non-existent and the nurses not only gave me my own breakfast plate, they also gave me hers...whoever she was supposed to be. (You snooze, you lose, lady. Ha! I got your breakfast!) I'm sure the nurses were trying to fatten me up before I was discharged (I'd been admitted as a pregnant 132-pounder and immediately lost all the extra pounds, falling close to my original pre-preggo weight before leaving the hospital, to my disappointment). Eggs, toast, jellies and butter, biscuits with gravy, sausage links, orange juice, chocolate milk, and this magical treat called bacon. Times TWO!

So began my love affair with bacon.

If you take another look at today's grocery list, you'll see toothbrush. But I don't use a regular toothbrush. I'm addicted to those $7.99 toothbrushes. Why? Because they work better. I'm totally convinced.

I'm also convinced that the $7.99 toothbrush is way more important than the $5.99 pound of bacon. In a long-term situation, the toothbrush will probably also provide me with more comfort. Plus I found one for $4.59 at Publix. I guess that means I did two responsible things today: chose the toothbrush (necessity) over the bacon (it's making me cry!!) AND went for the cheaper model of toothbrush.

My mother would be so proud.

2 comments:

Geekzilla said...

I like bacon, too.

Chris said...

If you really applied yourself, you could probably brush your teeth with bacon.

Or at least floss with it!

BACON RULES :)