Monday, October 13, 2008

Mmm...spiderjuice!







First of all, I should have never doubted my daughter's abilities to plan a party. And I'm not just talking about the theme here. I'm talking about a detailed agenda. Right down to the kiddie beverages, the awesome cupcakes, and outdoor playtime (conveniently fitting into the last hour of this shindig during which I could have collapsed from exhaustion - but that wasn't on the detailed agenda so I had to scrap that idea and pretend like I still had the energy to keep up with five little pre-tweens).


Candy Corn Cupcakes
1 box Duncan Hines cake mix (follow directions on the box - duh!)
1 can vanilla whipped frosting
1 can milk chocolate whipped frosting
lots of yellow and red food coloring

3/4 of the vanilla frosting needs to be split making one bowl yellow and one bowl orange. Just layer the frosting on with chocolate covering the entire top of the cupcake, then keep stacking in smaller portions with yellow, then orange, then white - you can top it off with a candy corn if you'd like, but it's not necessary.

Then, the spiderjuice...

This was fun - Elle and I went the old school route and tin-foiled an ice-cube tray after filling it up with Kiwi Strawberry fruit juice and adding some spider-flag toothpicks through the center. After they were frozen, we added the ice cubes to the Sprite we were giving all the kids. The ice cubes floated and the Sprite changed colors. 'Twas a huge hit.

No comments: